Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MIXTAPE MONDAY: DJ Trayze, DJ KID AV and DJ Nick Bike

Mixtape Monday @2000Down

Societe Perrier DJ Mix: Trayze


DJ TRAYZE is droppin' JAMS on this mixtape for Perrier.  It's indie-open-format, and it's really, really good.  You'll hear sounds from Alfa Paare, Treausre Fingers, Kill the Noise and others nestled within this mix.  Peep the tracklist - now tell me you don't want to give this a listen?  Indie, nu-disco, synthpop and warm house vibes for days.

(9/12/13) UPDATE: download an exclusive edit pack featuring many of the tracks used in this mix here.

>> FOLLOW DJ TRAYZE

+

DJ Kid AV - Me (Personal Mix/Vol. 1)

Some of my favorite mixtapes aren't the ones that DJ's make for clubs or promoters.  I'm always interested in hearing what my friends and colleagues listen to when they're not prepping for, or playing at mainstream gigs - the music they chill and vibe to at a personal level.  This mix by longtime blog contributor and supporter DJ KID AV is a wonderful foray into a wide variety of hip-hop, indie-dance and nu-disco. Perhaps I'm biased because this is the kind of music I like to listen to and play during opening sets - in any event, DJ's of all stripes can appreciate its diversity and energy.

>> FOLLOW DJ KID AV

+

DJ NICK BIKE: Bicycle Breaks

We've featured DJ NICK BIKE before, and we're happy to do so yet again!  Bicycle Breaks has been a part of Nick's extensive catalog for some time, and contains a meticulously curated selection of timeless funk, soul, and disco material.  It's funky, it's groovy, it's free, and it moved me!  Yeah, I'll try not to embarrass myself over the internet with my sick rhyme skills - in the meantime, enjoy Nick Bike's artful cuts and blends, and invest your time in becoming versed in these oft-forgotten classics.

>> FOLLOW DJ NICK BIKE

+



No comments: