Wednesday, August 28, 2013

ICYMI: Skratch Bastid and Jazzy Jeff Call out DVBBS

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

The venerable @SkratchBastid called out Beatport chart-climbers @DVBBS for faking their set the other day via Twitter:




Veteran Triple OG Jazzy Jeff weighed-in over Instagram:


"Ok...if u know me I'm far from a hater...I don't even tell people what I DON'T like..I respect anyone who wants to be a DJ of any kind...u don't have to be a super great dj...just try...but the 1 thing that I will absolutely HATE ON IS FAKING IT!!!! My good friend and Great Dj @skratchbastid saw these guys playing there whole set internally on there computer and were FAKING turning knobs and searching for songs while there whole set was PRE RECORDED...NOT COOL TO ME...How would u feel going to a LAKERS Game n finding out they were faking...or Jay Z n Justin Timberlake faked there tour??? Djs including myself work too hard to except this and I wanna personally say...NOT COOL@DVBBS...u guys may make great tunes but FAKE DJING IS NOT COOL!!!!"

We couldn't agree more.  DJ's who fake the funk can take Del the Funkee Homosapien's advice.  Respect to Skratch Bastid and Jazzy Jeff for 'calling a spade a spade.'

What are your thoughts?
Comment below, or hit me on Twitter: @DJALYKHAN

No comments: